Upcoming events — Latest news
From the Society
- (20 September) Please save the dates: On the 14th and the 15th of December, the zoology congress ZOOLOGY2018 will take place back-to-back with the FWO Kennismakers meeting @ZOO ( in Antwerp that will host a special theme on the Impact of Climate on Ecosystem services. Please note the location has changed as we have decided to celebrate their 90 years with FWO and FNRS.
The general theme of the meeting will be "Zoology in the Anthropocene".
In addition, a workshop on essential skills for young scientists (e.g. networking, paper writing, reviewing, presentation feedback) will be organized on the 13th of December by the Young Zoologists Group of the Royal Belgian Zoological Society.
Registration has opened and more information is available!
- (12 June) The competition for the 2019 Dutch Zoology Prize (Nederlandse Zoölogieprijs) has now opened! The board of the KNDV cordially invites zoologists to submit their work.
- (22 May) Please read the KNDV's privacy protocol (in Dutch).
- (22 March) The 2018 Dutch Zoology Prize (Nederlandse Zoölogieprijs 2018) has been awarded to Dr. Sjouke Anne Kingma (University of Groningen) for his work on ecological and evolutionary processes underlying group living and cooperation in animals.
The award ceremony will take place during the zoology congress Zoology 2018, to be held in Luxembourg 14-15 December.
- (1 February) The deadline for applications for a KNDV travel grant for student members has now closed. A new round for submissions will open in the summer of 2018.
Online submission for Animal Biology
Submit your manuscript for Animal Biology (the continuation of the Netherlands Journal of Zoology) online via Editorial Manager system.
Authors can submit manuscripts and track their progress through the system. Reviewers can download manuscripts and submit their reports to the editor.
to top of page